Monday, 14 October 2013

WISHES TO BE REMEMBERED

The day you told me you wanted to know me better
I more than wished I could be yours
The first time I got to know you
I wanted you to like me
The many times you glanced my way
I wished I could be seated next to you for you to gaze into my eyes
The first time I heard you call my name
I wished for it to become a melody for your lips
Then one day I stopped wishing
You called me to you
I came without hesitation because I understood to whom I was going
I realized that I had always been yours but I never accepted you
I remembered there were times you called but I was deafened by the pleasures of this world
I understood that I never left your sight because you were always watching over me
Now that I belong to you I have just but one last wish
You not only like me but love me in a way that is incomparable
When you look my way I can shut my eyes and get lost in your embrace
Every time I speak I know you are listening even before I open my mouth
And now each time you call I respond almost immediately
My wish is that you teach me the ways of your Father, our Father
Because it is only through you, Jesus, that I can comprehend His ways.
I remember my wishes because I was blind
The day you opened my eyes they became the reality I wish to live by.

John 14:16
Jesus said to him," I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me."

Your loving daughter,
Jacquie...